Friday 31 January 2014

Ok - rewind!! [new statement of intent]

After 2 almost sleepless nights, thinking about my project and where it is going, I woke up with ready to do this again. I am more than confused right now with this project and my fabulous idea. So I need to start it again and sort it out as this way I am not going anywhere and I am starting to be fed up with this.

So, I want to work with women's obsessions. I am not going to have loads of models for each obsession. I will only have one who will represent the whole project. The final outcome will reflect my visions about women's obsessions and how I see this and I will combine that with my mother's experience and some research that I am going to do using Journals and books that discuss women. I want my final outcome to be more like a story than individual images.

 I want to create the story of a woman who goes through different situations that become obsessions, in order to be happy. It is not a general story that every woman can go through, it is about my story and how I might see myself in the future through my mother's story and the society that influences our life.

In terms of aesthetics, I will use the research that I already did to compose my scenarios. Hannah Starkey, Gregory Crewdson and Edward Hopper will guide me through this in order to achieve what I really have in mind.

I do hope this time I will make this possible and not get lost again!!! I have to do this!!! A promise is a promise!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment